Restoration Award Program Grant
Up to $5,000 in proceeds from each year’s home tour funds the Restoration Grant Program. The program provides money and project assistance to local home owners for maintenance and restoration.
The programs helps:
- Complement existing neighborhood improvement projects
- Improve the quality and value of our historic areas by improving existing properties
- Extend the life, appeal and integrity of our architectural legacy for years to come
$1,500 Top Award
The Pomona Heritage Historic Restoration Grants program is available to any citizen of the city of Pomona for any project on a single family home built prior to 1955. Grants will be awarded to homeowners whose projects best represent the spirit of historic renovation within Pomona’s historic homes and neighborhoods.
The program awards homeowners with up to 50% of the cost of the project and consideration will be given for homeowners’ personal time and labor. Grants will be awarded based on the decision of our panel of judges and decisions are final.
Priority will be given to exterior restoration, historical authenticity and ‘curb appeal’ projects. Projects include but are not limited to:
- Historic exterior painting
- Chimney repairs or rebuilds
- Foundation repairs or rebuilds
- Exterior woodwork repair or rebuilds including trim, raft er tails, beam ends
- Interior woodwork repair or rebuilds
- Porch & stairway repairs or rebuilds
- Removal and replacement of inappropriate windows or doors to meet historical standards
- Restoration of authentic siding or removal of added stucco to meet historical standards
- Removal of inappropriate fencing
Submittal is free for members or $25 per project for non-members. Your application fee includes the grant program AND a discounted family Pomona Heritage membership good for the following year!
- Submit this completed application with ‘before’ photos of your project by November 30th.
- The Restoration Award Committee will then notify the applicant of their projects eligibility.
- Eligible applications will be asked to put a small yard sign promoting the grant program in their front yard from October 1st thru the awards ceremony in February. Ineligible applicants will have their deposit refunded.
- All restoration work must be completed by December 31st.
- An on-site visit will be conducted for all completed projects between January 1st and February 1st by an independent judging panel.
- Verifiable documentation of expenditures must be submitted before November 30th.
- All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision in February. Monetary awards will be presented at the Progressive Dinner in February.